Wednesday 4 July 2018

Preparation Phase


To generate maximum force I need to contract as many segments as possible. I know I am contracting segments in my preparation phase because my lower body muscles are working. Also I know I am following the principle of sequencing because I am contracting my larger muscles first, followed by my smaller muscles to produce maximum force. I know that when I bend my knee's to start off before I shoot the ball it contracts power through my upper body parts to give my upper body more power to shot the ball towards the hoop.

In the preparation phase I am contracting my lower body muscles. This means that I am using my hips, knee's and ankle joints in this phase. I am shaping my body to a comfortable stance for me before starting off a shoot. Putting my knee's in a diamond shape- means that I am flexing my knee's. Therefore my agonist muscle is contracting which is my hamstrings. As I am shaped in that way not all my joint's or muscles are being used meaning I also have a joint or muscle relaxing well I am in that posture in another word antagonist which means relaxing and the part I am relaxing is my quadriceps.
I can also see that my hips are in the flex position more than the mans stance on the picture next to mine. Which means my agonist muscle is quadriceps and my antagonist muscle is gluteus maxiums.

In the preparation phase I am using Newton's Laws. The Newton's law that I am using in this phase is his 1st Law. Newton's 1st Law states  A body continues in its state of rest or uniform motion unless an unbalanced force acts upon it. All objects have inertia. The greater the object's mass, the greater its inertia and the larger the force needed to overcome inertia. I am using Newton's 1st law by flexing my knees and generate enough force to shoot the ball.

In the preparation phase balance and stability is important when performing a sporting movement. 
When the line of gravity is within the BOS, an object or person is said to be stable. When the line of gravity falls outside the BOS, the object or person is said to be unstable. The base of support (BOS) refers to the area beneath an object or person that includes every point of contact that the object or person makes with the supporting surface. These points of contact may be body parts e.g. feet or hands, or they may include things like crutches or the chair a person is sitting in. My center of gravity is located approximately in the center of my pelvis.  Therefore I am stable which allows my body to produce enough force in the preparation phase. Also, because I have both feet on the ground which keep's my body stable. The differences/similarities I can see in my balance and stability compared to the ideal are that Balance is your ability to control your body without movement against gravity.




No comments:

Post a Comment